Club Wowcher points when you buy this deal
- Your 8-day trip will take you to Komombo, Aswan and Luxor.
- You’ll get tours to Valley of The Kings, Karnak and Medinat Habu temple.
- Plus a felucca cruise down the Nile and a boat trip to the island temple of Philae.
- Inc 4 or 5* hotel accommodation and 2nts on the felucca.
- Includes transport, transfers, breakfast each night and some meals (see below).
- A once in a lifetime trip.
The Fine Print
- Price is based on 2 sharing so you’ll need to buy 2.
- May buy multiples.
- Must book by 11th Feb 2014.
- Voucher valid for travel on 20th & 27th Dec 2013, 17th Jan, 14th Feb, 14th Mar, 11th & 18th Apr, 9th & 16th May and 6th & 13th Jun 2014.
- £100 supplement fee if you buy one voucher instead of two.
- Visa and flights not included.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Subject to availability.
Steeped in history and home to some of the world’s most visually stirring sights, Egypt has long captivated travellers in search of something a little different…
That’s why today we’re offering you an 8-day Egyptian tour including 4 or 5* accommodation from only £279pp - saving you up to 30% off Encounters Travel’s prices.
Kicking off in Egypt’s vibrant capital, your 8-day tour will see you take in history, culture and stunning scenery in a once in a lifetime experience sure to stay with you forever…
- Day 1: After flying into Hurghada you’ll be picked up and driven to your 4* resort accommodation. You’ll have the rest of the day free to explore the Red Sea resort before an early start the next morning.
- Day 2: The day will start with a delicious breakfast in the hotel before you’re whisked off to Luxor, home to Egypt's largest concentration of ancient Pharaonic monuments. You'll enjoy a guided tour of the Karnak and Luxor Temples, where you'll get a fascinating insight into Egyptian history, before arriving at checking in at the Pyramisa Isis Luxor Hotel where you'll enjoy a peaceful night's rest.
- Day 3: Day 3 kicks off with a trip to the Valley of the Kings - one of the world most archeologically significant sites - where you’ll observe ancient tombs and learn stories behind those housed.. After the tour, you'll drive south through the Nile Valley to the city of Aswan which lies on arguably the most beautiful stretch of the river. You’ll also have the option to take a spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight over the west bank of the Nile (surcharges apply, enquire when booking).
- Day 4: You’ll have the option to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abu Simel (surcharges apply, enquire when booking) or remain in Aswan and visit the Nubian Museum or explore Aswan’s extensive collection of markets and bazaars. The afternoon will see you head on a boat trip to the idyllic island temple complex of Philae, one of Egypt’s most picturesque sights. You’ll then have the rest of the day to shop up a storm in the souks and markets found in the town, or catch a sunset over the river Nile before checking at the decadent Pyramisa Isis Island Hotel.
- Day 5: After a free morning to explore, you'll jump aboard a traditional felucca sailboat (which comes complete with support boat including hot showers, toilets and kitchen) and head north up the Nile towards Komombo - offering a heavenly chance to relax on deck and watch traditional Egyptian life unfold before you. Includes dinner.
- Day 6: A full day of sailing down the Nile will be punctuated with mouthwatering breakfast, lunch and dinner against the backdrop of the changing Egyptian landscape
- Day 7: You’ll say farewell to your ship and visit the magical riverside temple at Komombo before journeying on to Edfu. Edfu houses the Legendary Temple of Horus - Egypt’s best preserved and second largest temple which you’ll get to observe before heading back to Hurghada.
- Day 8: Transfer to the airport for your departure flight home.