2wk Borneo Orangutan Experience£769 instead of up to £1195 (from The Great Projects) for a 2wk all-inclusive Borneo orangutan, tribe & rainforest experience - save up to 36%
Save up to 36%
Time left to purchase
- 2x winner of the Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism award and rated 5* on Trip Advisor.
- Take part in a 2-week all-inclusive ‘voluntour’ experience in Borneo.
- Great experience for anyone who loves animals (see below for full itinerary).
- You’ll visit 2 orangutan centres and contribute toward the rehabilitation of captive orangutans.
- Experience includes rainforest treks, meeting jungle tribes and relaxing on Damai beach.
- Includes private airport transfers to and from Kuching Airport, all food, accommodation, overland transportation and volunteer activities.
The Fine Print
- May buy multiples.
- Voucher valid until 3rd Dec 2014 (must book by 5th April 2013).
- Valid for travel on 3rd-16th of any month in 2013 or 2014.
- Excludes flights to and from Kuching Airport.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- If you have any further questions please contact The Great Projects.
Trade in the urban jungle for the real thing with today’s deal…
Today we’re offering you a two-week all-inclusive orangutan and tribe conservation experience in Borneo for just £769, saving you up to 36% off The Great Projects' price of up to £1,195.
Perfect for anyone with a love of animals or simply with a desire to see another part of the world, today’s deal offers you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience two weeks in beautiful Borneo. As well as getting privileged ‘backstage’ access to both the Matang Wildlife Centre and the Semenggoh Nature Reserve in order to meet resident orangutans and help contribute towards their rehabilitation, you’ll tour around the country in order to experience the many cultural and natural wonders Borneo has to offer. The trip runs from the 3rd-16th of each month and you’ll be provided with overland transportation, private airport transfers to and from Kuching Airport, all food, accommodation and volunteer activity experiences throughout. Your two-week ‘voluntour’ will break down into the following:
- Day 1: Upon arrival at Kuching Airport in Borneo, you’ll begin with a meet and greet before travelling to the Basaga Guest House, where you’ll be treated to a welcome dinner and orientation with your project facilitator and fellow volunteers.
- Day 2-3: After breakfast, you’ll be transferred to the Matang Wildlife Centre where you’ll meet all the amazing animals including the orangutans and sun bears. The next day, you’ll help behind the scenes with everyday tasks such as the feeding of animals, cleaning of enclosures and contributing toward the enrichment of the oranguatans.
- Day 4-5: You’ll travel to Bako National Park by a short boat ride, where you’ll settle into your chalet based in the Sarawak’s oldest national park. You’ll have the option of going on a jungle night walk, exploring numerous jungle trails and enjoying any one of the numerous idyllic sandy beaches set against the backdrop of lush tropical rainforest.
- Day 6: You will move onto the beautiful Damai beach where you will spend a night at the luxurious Permai Rainforest Resort.
- Day 7: A ‘living museum’ to the Dayak indigenous tribes of Borneo, the Sarawak Cultural Village will give you the unique opportunity to see how local tribes lived their lives inside the rainforest through demos of their crafts, dances and traditions. In the afternoon you’ll transfer back to Kuching.
- Day 8: The Semenggoh Rehabilitation Centre offers the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sit in during a feeding time for the centres semi-wild orangutan inhabitants - so make sure you bring your camera along with you! Then, you’ll make your way to Batang Ai National Park. When you reach the mountainous border with Indonesia, you’ll transfer to traditional longboats and begin to boat back into the heart of Borneo through untouched tropical rainforest, where you’ll spend an evening in the vast garden of the remaining wild orangutan.
- Day 9-12: Here in the Batang Ai rainforest, you’ll take part in regular activities including walks into the surrounding rainforest in search of orangutans and kayaking and swimming in the nearby jungle rivers and waterfalls. You’ll also get the unique chance to talk with the local tribespeople and learn traditional handicraft, cooking, survival and fishing.
- Day 13-14: You’ll transfer back to Kuching, have the chance to revisit the Semenggoh rehabilitation centre and then, after a restful night sleep in the guesthouse, transfer to Kuching airport for your return or onward journey.
How to Redeem
- When you've bought we'll send you your unique wowcher code.
- Call The Great Projects to book using the number we send you.
- Quote your full wowcher code.
Once purchased, you can redeem this wowcher towards another wowcher or claim a Wowcher Wallet Credit. Click here for more info.
Don't just take our word for it, see what people are saying on The Great Projects site:
'For me this was the most perfect holiday (and family birthday present) that I could have wished for.'
Mollie Heywood, Melbourne
Reviewed: 30 January 2013
'Seeing the Orangutans was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip! But, also travelling by longboat into the heart of the jungle was also an amazing experience!'
Reviewed: 30 January 2013
'Living in the jungle was fab. I really enjoyed meeting the locals and seeing how they live.'
Reviewed: 30 January 2013
Flying Lesson & Club Membership @ Bristol Airport£99 for a 30-minute flying lesson and six-month membership for one or £189 for a 60-minute flying lesson and membership for two at Bristol Flying Club - save up to 69%
The Belfry Spa, 2 Treatments, Fire & Ice Experience & Afternoon Tea£79 for a spa day including fire and ice experience, two treatments and afternoon tea, £149 for two people at The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield - save up to 43%
'6 Month Smiles' Clear Braces£699 for a '6 Month Smiles' treatment on one arch, £899 for both arches at Euro Dental Care, Birmingham
Promotion ends on
11 / 05 / 2016